Author Topic: Available: Pinball Repair in San Francisco Bay Area  (Read 33561 times)

Greywolf

Available: Pinball Repair in San Francisco Bay Area
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:56:34 pm »
[modified 20 Dec 2011 to show that this listing is still very accurate and active.  I wish I could delete and repost to keep the posted date present.]

Greetings,

I'm an avid pinballaholic with a bent towards fixing EM games -- I have a fairly sound knowledge of their inner workings and have an aptitude for solving mechanical issues.

If anyone has any games that they do not have time or aptitude to fix, but would like them restored to decent working order, please contact me at

greywolfATstarwolfDOTcom, or
relayerATgmailDOTcom.

Rates are reasonable and negotiable (consider that most pro shops will run $100/hr; I am substantially cheaper, and I don't charge for expendable items such as solder or
cleaners).

Minimum charge is time taken for driving to your location, but this is offset by the repair time; i.e. if it takes me 1 hour to get to your place, but your repair job takes 10 minutes, I will have to charge for the hour.  Conversely, if the repair job takes an hour, the driving charge is eaten by the repair and you'll only get billed for the hour.

If I do a job that takes me an hour but *should* only have taken me 30 minutes, I only charge for 30 minutes -- you don't have to pay for me to learn how to do something new
(and there's almost always something new).

If there's a job that needs parts, and I don't have the parts, I will do what I can on the rest of the job, and then you have some choices:

Order the parts yourself (I can recommend part suppliers);
I can order the parts for you but they'll be slightly more expensive and I will require a deposit;
I can see if I have the parts on hand (I have some bins with used parts) and I'll provide them at a substantial discount.

Once I -- or you -- have parts in hand, I will schedule a return trip with no drive charge and I will resume the repair.

--*greywolf;
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:59:04 pm by Greywolf »

Offline ecm

Re: Available: Pinball Repair in San Francisco Bay Area
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 10:10:19 am »
We need to get our Kiss pinball machine checked out b/c we need to sell it.  We're in Livermore. 

Offline rolan

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 05:46:13 am »
We need to get our Kiss pinball machine checked out b/c we need to sell it.  We're in Livermore. 
Ro Ro
San Francisco

Greywolf

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 01:28:10 pm »
[replying to show that this is still active.  No, this is not an April Fool's Joke.]

Offline Kody

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 08:49:47 am »
My grandfather has a bunch of old pinball machines in his basement, some of which do not work. I will tell him about this thread, and see if he will be interested in repairing them. I would love to take some of them off of his hands, I am actually considering become a collector myself. I'm already an avid collector of action figures, and other collectable toy's, and I think old pinball machines and arcade games would be great additions to my collection. If anyone knows where I could find a nice decorative toy chest for sale, please let me know, I could really use some to store my collection. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:43:50 am by Kody »

Greywolf

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 12:04:47 pm »
My occasional bump on the thread to keep it going.  Yes, I'm still repairing games.  Give me a shout!

rsc@starwolf.com
http://www.starwolf.com/rsc

Greywolf

Offline Greywolf

• Insert Coin
UPDATE: Pinball Repair in San Francisco Bay Area
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 12:18:08 pm »
It won't let me edit my post anymore as I am now marked as a "Guest", go figure...

I am now closer to the Sacramento area (Yuba City/Gridley locale) and no longer in the Santa Cruz Mountains.  I will still travel but it will run travel time.  Thank you all for your business over the years (and continuing if you wish!).  I've made good friends and had good times.