Author Topic: Asteroids, Area 51, Pole Position 2, Space Duel - For Sale - San Jose, CA  (Read 21806 times)

Offline Ken Chaney

• Extreme Team
I have some games that I'd like to sell.  They are currently located near the airport in San Jose, CA.
I can deliver for a few extra bucks, or you can pick up.  Click on the thumbnails below for full size pictures.  If interested, send me mail, I'm chaney at atarigames dot com.

Asteroids:  restoration target with monitor - I'm thinking $100.  Sold.
Area 51:  Working perfectly but could use some TLC to make it "nice" - asking $400.
I could also make this a Maximum Force if preferred.
Pole Position 2:  Two for the price of one.  One a true HUO game, almost working.  The other for parts.  $150 for the pair.  Sold.
Space Duel:  Cabinet only, stripped apart from the coin door.  Anyone want it?  $10 or free with any other purchase.  Sale pending.

Here is the Asteroids.  The cabinet is decent with some small scratching, and a little water swelling.  It would be a decent target for restoration.  The logic board and power supplies are gone, but the monitor appears to be all there.  The control panel is nice, but alas a Willis.

The Area 51 is 100% working, but as you can see there is no monitor glass or marquee.  I might have a marquee for it ... I'll have to look.  The control panel is plywood, rather than metal.  It has a fresh hard drive and the WG K7000 monitor looks great.  Fully functional and a great playing game.
I could alternatly make this a Maximum Force if you prefer.

I would prefer to sell these two Pole Position machines together, but will consider separating or parting out.  If I have to part them out, plan on paying extra for my time.

I think both have Pole Postion 2 boards.

The first machine is a true HUO machine.  It came from an Atari employee's home.  It is in pretty good shape, but not perfect.  The monitor looks good, and everything is all there.  On power up, the display shows some test info, and then scrambled garbage graphics.  This then cycles and repeats.

The second Pole Postion is much rougher, but I think it is all there except the monitor PCB.  It should be good for parts at least.  I have not been brave enough to power up the board, as it has power hard-wired in.  (Not uncommon for Pole Position.)

There is not much left to this Space Duel, but I "rescued" it anyway.  If you can use it, let me know.  It is stripped of everything but the coin door and vault assembly, but it was too clean to toss it without giving the community a chance at it first.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:55:48 am by Ken Chaney »

Offline arcadekart

I'm very sorry,but I'm on my way out the door,I checked my phone & forgot to save your number. Can you please give me a call today. I should be able to come pick up the games from between 4pm to 6pm. I hope thats ok.
 Please give me another call. Sorry for the inconvience.
 Mark
 (415) 368-9865

Offline airupther

Re: Asteroids, Area 51, Pole Position 2, Space Duel - For Sale - San Jose, CA
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 12:54:12 pm »
im interested in the coin door. what would the shipping be and does it have the wiring. am also looking for the control panel with wiring.

Offline Ken Chaney

• Extreme Team
Re: Asteroids, Area 51, Pole Position 2, Space Duel - For Sale - San Jose, CA
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 01:05:43 pm »
These particular pieces are all long gone.
What game/type of cabinet do you need the door and panel for?
Ken